Arts and Theatre for Kids Since 2020
Engaging Kids Through Art
Since 2020, the Collaboration Station has been a hit at the Saskatoon Fringe Festival. Focused on engaging kids in theatre and arts, Collaboration Station operates as a free drop-in program where children design and build their own puppets under the guidance of local theatre and puppeteer professionals.
In 2022, the Collaboration Station is expanding to include the Collaboration Station+! This weekly class of kids ages 8 to 10 will work with professional theatre artist and arts educator, Angela Christie, to create a show starring…YOU!
Over 12 weeks participants will:
- build up their performance skills as they rehearse a fun script,
- learn about different aspects of theatre from guest theatre design artists,
- and work on building costume and set pieces for their final presentation!
Hey, you there! The one who is always hamming it up for your family! The one who loves a good story! The one who likes rounding up other kids to put on a show! We’ve got just the thing for you! Join us at Collaboration Station+ from Feb. 6 to May 1!
Registration opens Saturday, January 22nd at 10 am CST!
There are only 8 slots available, so mark your calendars!
What is Collaboration Station+?
Collaboration Station+ is a project that will allow youth ages 8-10 to work with theatre professionals in Saskatoon on their own collaborative theatre piece.
Over 12 weeks participants will build up their performance skills as they rehearse a fun script. And they will learn about different aspects of theatre from guest theatre design artists. Our instructor, Angela Christie, will be joined by guest theatre design artists so participants will get a chance to work on building costume and set pieces for their final presentation.
How do I apply?
Applications for Collaboration Station+ will open on Saturday, January 22nd at 10 am CST.
You can apply by filling out the Application Form linked here.
Once your application is submitted, the first 8 to apply will receive a phone call from 25th Street staff to confirm enrollment and arrange payment.
Additional applicants will receive an e-mail noting their enrollment and spot on the waitlist.
When and where does it take place?
Cosmo/Kinsmen Hall on 11th Street East
Day and Time:
10:30 AM to 12:00 PM on Sundays
February 6th to May 1st, 2021 (12 weeks, no class on April 17th b/c of Easter)
How much is it to participate?
Collaboration Station+ is $300/child.
Once registered, a staff member of 25th Street Theatre will contact the registrant to arrange payment and confirm enrollment.
What COVID-19 precautions will be followed?
At 25th Street Theatre we recognize that it is our community’s collective responsibility to ensure a safe space for our children. As such, we have implemented the following COVID19 related protocols for Collaboration Station+ with the hopes of ensuring a safe space for all involved.
1. We strongly encourage everyone who is able to do so to get their COVID-19 vaccine.
2. If your child is feeling unwell, please do not bring them to Collaboration Station+ until they are feeling better.
3. Children participating in Collaboration Station+ are required to wear a medical, a N95, or a KN95 mask while in attendance. Medical masks will be available upon entry.
4. Children participating in Collaboration Station+ are required to sanitize their hands upon entry to the facility.
5. Anyone entering the facility is required to wear a medical, a N95, or a KN95 mask.
What age group is Collaboration Station+ for?
Collaboration Station+ is geared for kids ages 8 to 10.
Our summer program, Collaboration Station, at the Saskatoon Fringe Festival is more open and geared to kids ages 6 to 12.
How many slots are available?
There are only 8 slots available, which are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Additional registrants will be held on a wait-list, should any registered participant need to withdraw.