SUSTAINABLE. ENGAGING. COMMUNITY. ART.
Based at Fringe Festival
This position is one of the most popular positions for Fringe Volunteers!
Ticket taking and seating assistance at the Fringe theatre venues is the primary responsibilities. Ushers typically get to see one or two shows per shift for free. For this reason, volunteers who sign up for an usher shift, must also sign up for an additional non-usher shift.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A good grasp of the English language
- Organized, responsible, and reliable
- Customer Service and communications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment – it is often busy at the venue
- Attention to detail
- Sign in at Fringe Central and pick up supplies needed.
- Report to the Front of House at the venue.
- Do a tour of the venue once the preceding play has ended.
- Find out what you are to do in the case of an emergency at that specific venue.
- Take tickets and hand out programs.
- Help manage the lineup outside prior to the show.
- Monitor the crowd while show is in progress and assist anyone in distress or needing to leave the theatre.
- Help tidy the theatre seating area between performances.
- Check in with the FOH before leaving.