SUSTAINABLE. ENGAGING. COMMUNITY. ART.
VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE CLERK
Based at Fringe Festival
This position works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator at the Fringe Central base to help organize the volunteer schedule and work with the other volunteers to fill shifts and understand their assigned duties. This person should be knowledgeable about the different volunteer roles as well as general festival information. This position might require working hours in the morning before the festival has begun. Previous schedule clerk experience is an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- A good grasp of the English language
- Organized, responsible, and reliable
- Customer Service and communications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment – it is often busy in the office
- Attention to detail
- Signing in/out volunteers for their shifts.
- Giving out lanyards and T-shirts if needed.
- Giving out radios and any other supplies volunteers may need for their shift.
- Scheduling volunteers if they pick up an open shift, calling on-call volunteers if a shift gets cancelled or needs to be filled.
- Give out vouchers to volunteers who have completed their shift
- Have a good understanding of the Volunteer Table/Area and the paperwork required for volunteers.
- Registering new volunteers if needed.
- Answer general festival inquiries from patrons walking up to the volunteer table or calling the office.
- Knowledge of Volunteer Appreciation Shows and processes.
- Ensure volunteers coming in know what their job duties are and direct them where to go.
- Help keep Volunteer Centre clean and tidy.