SUSTAINABLE. ENGAGING. COMMUNITY. ART.
Based from FRINGE CENTRAL OFFICE
This is one of the most important volunteer positions. Keeping our site clean helps us to maintain a good relationship with the community, and encourages repeat visits from our patrons.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- An ability to deal with people
- An ability to access a situation and recognize what is a priority
- An ability to work independently
- May be required to help with some lifting
- May be on your feet throughout shift and will be required to do a lot of walking around the site
- Report to Fringe Central at the start of your shift to collect your radio and appropriate supplies.
- Priority one is to make sure that the garbage cans in the food area are looked after
- Use a broom and scooper to sweep up any areas that need tidying.
- Monitor and empty garbage cans around site when needed.
- Study recycling signs so you have a good understanding of what should be recycled.
- Keep the Fringe site and surrounding area clean by sweeping and picking up any loose garbage. Clean tables and tuck in chairs at eating areas. Aid people in making proper choices for recycling.
- Monitor poster boards to make sure they are in good condition.
- Assist with set-up or take-down as required
- Notify staff of anything you observe that needs attention or that is out of place
- Monitor Broadway and side streets for loose garbage
- Wear appropriate clothing to be outside and to be dealing with cleaning