Volunteering with the PotashCorp Fringe Theatre & Street Festival
Applications for volunteering will be up in May 2016.
PotashCorp Fringe Festival is successful because of our wonderful & committed volunteers. Join us for our 2016 festival & help us make this year the best festival yet!
See below for descriptions & more information about the volunteer job’s available in our 2016 festival. Join us for a great community volunteer experience. To thank you for your contribution, we are happy to provide a free Fringe theatre show voucher for every full shift worked.
Note: almost all jobs require at least in part being outdoors. Please dress for the weather.
- Are you interested in having a Fringe performer stay at your home during the festival?! Our billet program links touring actors with homes to stay at in Saskatoon. Billeters are asked to provide a safe, clean, private place for performers to sleep & access to full bathroom facilities.
Box Office Floater:
- This is the Jack(or Jill)-of-all-trades position that may find you helping to sell tickets, ushering, making deliveries around the site, site crew, or anywhere else that needs a bit more help.
- This is one of the most important volunteer positions. Keeping our site clean means we maintain a good relationship with the community, & encourage repeat visits from our patrons. Includes site maintenance & tidying up of Broadway Avenue & nearby surrounding area.
Front of House Manager:
- This leadership role is a critical process & only individuals who have prior Fringe Front of House management experience may register for these shifts. Please note in your email any previous Fringe FOH. If you are a new volunteer & have relevant experience in theatre & FOH, please include that detail in your email to us & we will contact you before assigning the requested shifts.
Site Management Assistant:
- A Site Management Assistant works with the Site Manager to patrol the site to help to settle issues. This person will be equipped with a radio so the he/she can alert the Site Manager or the Fringe Central Office of any issue that he/she cannot deal with such as Vendors having vehicles where they should not be, people causing a problem that needs to be dealt with by the Site Manager or the Festival Manager or the Police.
- Walk the festival site & ask patrons to complete our survey with them.
- Responsible for selling theatre tickets at the Fringe theatre Venues. Must have experience & be comfortable handling money.
- A traffic warden is responsible for making sure that only people with the correct Parking Passes or Vendor or Internation Market ID pass through the traffic barrier.
- Ticket taking & seating assistance at Fringe theatre venues. Ushers typically get to see one or two shows per shift for free! For this reason, we require that for every usher shift you sign up for, you sign up for an additional non-usher shift.
Volunteer Schedule Clerk:
- This is one of the most important jobs in the office. We love our volunteers & patrons & you are one of the first people they see upon entering the office. Please help make everyone who enters the office feels welcome. If someone enters the office & looks unsure about where to go, ask if you can assist him/her & direct him/her to the appropriate place or person.