Applications will be released September 14th, 12:00 MIDNIGHT, or September 15th, 12:01 AM
2018 Theatre Application Guidelines, Terms & Conditions
Festival Dates: August 2 – 11, 2018.
- Saskatoon’s Fringe dates are between Winnipeg’s and Edmonton’s and this includes the August long weekend.
- In 2018 we plan on having six indoor theatre venues, all within four blocks of the PotashCorp Fringe Central box office (639 Broadway Ave).
- Our selection process is first come, first served and is uncensored, non-juried, and entirely open.*
- We return 100% of the box office revenue, after government taxes and administration fees, to the participating companies.
- Our ticketing system features a one price point ticketing system for all regular pre-sale and rush tickets at festival 2018: $15.00, This pricing includes a $3 administration fee, 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST) and foreign artist tax (if applicable). We remit taxes due and GST to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of all artists and producers without exception. We have some other pricing as well including a discounted multi-pack.
- Saskatoon’s PotashCorp Fringe allocates seven shows per company, with each show limited to 70 minutes in length.
- The total box office in 2017 was greater than $120,000, or approximately $3500 per company across the 34 participating theatre groups.
- Billeting services are provided to theatre companies at no cost based on available accommodations and proper notice.
- *KidsFringe plays are required to meet criteria to ensure that the show is suitable for audiences of ages 4-10.
Due to our small festival size in Saskatoon (33 performance groups specifically) and the logistics of scheduling multiple performers without overlap or conflict we will no longer allow performance groups to share actors or have actors that do both the regular Fringe and the KIdsFringe. This enhances the breadth of art and theatre artists on our stage and allows us to accept more companies.
Effective August 15, 2017 and in place for Fringe 2018.
- Please note: if a category is not filled, we reserve the right to adjust the intake process at our discretion.
- 5 Provincial theatre applicants. First come / first serve.
- 5 National theatre applicants. First come / first serve.
- 5 International theatre applicants. First come / first serve.
- 3 CAFF Touring Lottery Applicants: Close Date is Oct 22/17
- 12 PotashCorp Fringe Lottery Applicants – in three categories that will define 4 Provincial/4 National/4 International. Total is 12 lottery selections. Closing date is Thursday September 21st at 12 noon (no exceptions).
- 3 KidsFringe Lottery Applicants. Closing date is Thursday September 21st at 12 noon (no exceptions).
When we have thirty (30) Theatre Companies and three (3) KidsFringe companies we will maintain a waitlist, which requires a $75 non-refundable payment for registration purposes.
Each year, the PotashCorp Fringe Theatre Festival presents a KidsConnect program that is designed to allow children to have a positive theatre experience. In 2017 we organized the attendance of over 950+ people for the three KidsFringe plays offered at our Festival through this program.
In the KidsConnect program, the majority of attendees are ages 4-8. As such, we are obliged to ensure that the content of these plays is suitable for young audiences. The following is the criteria we use to gauge the appropriateness of any play submitted to the KidsFringe category:
- The play must be approximately 45 minutes in length.
- The play must be at a level that would appeal to young children.
- The topic/subject matter of the play must be suitable for young children (e.g. No death, destruction, or violence).
- The vocabulary must be geared towards young children.
- The content must be age appropriate (e.g. no sexual innuendo).
- Companies are accepted on a first-come, first-served or lottery basis, based on application date and time. Placement in the festival is assured and performance space is allocated / reserved after the application is approved and full payment is processed. Please ensure payment is processed after email notification within 72-hours by credit card as our preferred method of payment.
- Fees are as follows: $75 non-refundable processing fee + $680.00 performer fee = $755 total / for seven shows. This is due in one payment. After applying via the Google form, and you are accepted, we will email an organized Paypal link to you. Please click the link and follow the steps on the page to process payment with us. Once we are full, wait listed companies must pay the $75 registration fee to hold a wait list position. This will be communicated to you via email or phone.
- Payment by cheque is acceptable and is payable to: 25th Street Theatre Centre Inc- but you must inform us that you are paying cheque. You must use two cheques, one for the $75 registration fee, and one for the $680 fee. If the category you are registering for is full by the time your payment arrives you will be placed on the wait list and only one cheque ($75) will be deposited. Keep in mind, we do not process applications until payment is received. Cheques and money orders must be payable to 25th Street Theatre Centre. Please make reference to your Company Name on your payment. Please ensure that all money orders are in Canadian Funds. NSF cheques will be subject to a $25 charge.
- ***If you are chosen in the CAFF lottery and have already registered with Saskatoon and paid the full fee, we will refund the $680 fee. CAFF lottery winners MUST be processed by CAFF. Your refund will be accomplished before the CAFF fee is charged to ensure no duplication of payment occurs.
- Performance slots are legally assigned to a Theatre Company / Artist (and named artists) only and are not transferable or saleable to another party under any circumstance. For example: a registered artist or company cannot become a producer of another person’s show in their slot. This is NOT permissible. If you have any questions about this process please call early so we can refund any applicable amounts and move our wait list. Failure to comply with this will result in a loss of your performance slot and your fee without recourse.
- Date of withdrawal notice will determine the cancellation fee. If we can move another company into your slot, FROM OUR WAITLIST ONLY, we will issue a full refund of the $680 fee. The $75 processing fee in all cases is non-refundable.
- Withdrawal without a wait list replacement before December 1, 2017 results in a 75% refund ($510).
- Withdrawal without a wait list replacement on/after December 1, 2017 & before March 1st, 2018 results in a 50% refund ($340)
Withdrawal after March 1, 2018 results in no refund and forfeiture of the paid fee, regardless of whether or not we have a company able to take your slot.