SUSTAINABLE. ENGAGING. COMMUNITY. ART.
When and where is Preview Night?
Preview Night is Wednesday, July 29th, at The Broadway Theatre. The doors open at 6:00pm and the show begins at 7:00pm. Pre-sale tickets may be purchased online or at the Fringe Central Box Office up to 9:00pm July 30th, 2019. On July 31st, tickets are available at the door between 6:00pm and 7:00pm. Only 50% of a show’s tickets are available in advance. There will always be tickets on sale at the venue one hour before show time.
Where is the Box Office located?
Box Office location TDB.
What are your hours of operation?
What are the Outdoor Festival hours?
Weekdays: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Weekends (including the holiday Monday): 12:00pm – 10:00pm
The hours of operation for the theatre festival differs according to the schedule for that day. Typical show times are 6:00pm to 10:00pm on weekdays and 2:00pm to 10:00pm on the weekend days.
Where can we park?
- Find the parking restrictions map on our Festival Grounds page.
- From 8th Street to 14th Street and Lansdowne Avenue to Victoria Avenue are restricted to people with area parking passes (these passes are given out to the households by the city – not by us).
- ACCESSIBLE PARKING: The South side of 12th Street between Broadway and Dufferin Avenue and the West side of Dufferin Avenue between 12th Street and 11th Street against the playground have been designated as Disabled Parking. This is not the side in front of the houses.
- If there is no accessible parking available, please call our box office and we will help to arrange a parking spot for you. The number is: 306-221-2481.
- We recommend using downtown parking after 6pm and either walking up the bridge, taking the bus, or riding your bike.
How do people buy tickets and where do we get our tickets?
If it’s on the day of the performance:
On the day of the show tickets are only available at the door one hour prior to the show’s start. Only 50% of a show’s tickets are available in advance. There will always be tickets on sale at the venue one hour before show time.
If it’s prior to the day of the performance:
Purchase tickets on our website. Tickets are available online until 9pm the day prior to the performance. You will receive a confirmation email with your tickets attached. You can print them or bring them on your phone. If you do not receive your confirmation email within 30 minutes check your junk or spam folder. If not there, call us at 306.221.2481 or email us at boxoffice(@)yxefringe(.)org
You can also come to the Box Office between the hours of 4pm – 9pm.
Tickets are non-refundable.
This year on-line tickets are provided by On The Boards Box Office. Please let us know how your experience was at boxoffice(@)ontheboards(.)ca. That is how we can continue to make your experience better!
What is the difference between a ticket and a ticket voucher?
- A ticket is purchased in any of the ways above in the How To Buy a Ticket Section; it is a guaranteed spot at a specific show, and it is always $16.
- When you purchase a presale ticket, you will receive a confirmation email and an electronic ticket. You may present a printed copy or an electronic copy at the door. If you forget your paper or electronic copy of your ticket, you may
pick your ticket up from the Front of House at the venue within the hour before the performance begins.
Ticket Vouchers are:
- Promotional vouchers that have been given out to the public from a variety of sources such as the office, actors, and media outlets.
- Vouchers are similar to cash; customers trade the voucher for a ticket within the hour before the show they wish to attend.
Where is the festival office located year round?
Where are the venues?
- Broadway Theatre: 715 Broadway Avenue
- Kinsmen Hall: 614 11th Street East
- The Refinery: (just off the corner of) Dufferin and 12th Street
- Victoria School Gymnasium
Which street performers are performing?
- There is a list on the website.
- There is a list on the poster boards at the busker circles.
When, Where, and What is Spoof Night?
- Spoof night is Wednesday, August 5th at Kinsmen Hall. Doors will open shortly after 10:30pm and the show will begin at 11:00pm.
- Spoof night is an event where groups put on a spoof performance of someone else’s play.
Where are the bathrooms?
Portable toilets are available behind Victoria School near the basketball court and playground.
Accessible Toilets: Wheelchair accessible toilets are available in the set of portable toilets behind Victoria School near the basketball court and playground.
Does the festival have a secure area for bicycles?
- We will have a secure location for bicycles to park throughout the hours of the festival on the front lawn of Victoria School at the Bike Valet.
- All bicycles that are still remaining at this location at the end of the day, will be placed inside the Fringe Central Office at 733 Broadway Ave and can be picked up the following day.
Does the festival have security?
- Yes, there are security officers present on the festival site.
Does the festival need volunteers? How do I sign up?
- One of the main reasons our festival is so successful is due to our loyal and hard-working volunteers. We are always looking for new volunteers to join our festival. To sign up, you can go to the volunteer page on our website. If you have any questions regarding volunteering with the festival, please call our Volunteer Coordinator, Courtney Saboe, at the office at 306-664-2239.
What benefits do volunteers receive?
- All volunteers receive one theatre ticket voucher, per shift worked, redeemable for a show of their choosing.
- All volunteers qualify to attend the Volunteer Free Shows that are put on by the actors.
- All volunteers may attend the Volunteer Appreciation Party that is held the week after the festival.
Where is the closest ATM and/or bank?
- Our festival has provided two ATM’s to make it easier for our patrons. One is placed in front of the Kinsmen Hall/Cosmo Hall. The second is placed at the corner of 11th and the Victoria School.
- There is an Affinity Credit Union on the West side of the Street between Main and 9th.
Where is the closest grocery store?
- There is an Extra Foods on the West side of Broadway on the corner of Broadway and 10th.
- Steep Hill Food Co-op is on the West side of Broadway at 730 Broadway (10th and Broadway). Almost all the items are organic.
- There is an Asian Market on the corner of Clarence Avenue and 12th Street.